Chicago Fire Football Club is a Major League Soccer team that was founded in 1997. The Club returned to Soldier Field as well as opened a new 50,000 square foot business office in the heart of the city. With tremendous growth and expansion, the Club is laying the foundation for an ambitious vision that will transform the Club in the coming years. Job Responsibilities:
- Under the Director of Academy Performance, work in partnership with Multi-Disciplinary Team (MDT), including technical staff, athletic trainers, and support staff, to provide an integrated High-Performance LTAD program for Academy players, in line with club and department philosophy
- Direct and/or assist in delivery of field, prehabilitation, strength, rehabilitation sessions and match day warm-ups in team and individual settings, teaching proper technique and safety for all exercises and movements
- Direct and/or assist with GPS distribution, collection, download, and cutting, wellness monitoring, testing administration, RPE collection, compiling, analysis, and reporting
- Contribute to and advance LTAD programming and curriculum, data collection, testing, analytics, and reporting to develop high-performance football-oriented solutions
- Direct and/or assist with delivery of scientifically based optimal recovery strategies post-training and post-match
- Develop individual and team off-season training programs
- Travel with Academy teams to matches and events
- Assist in additional tasks as directed by Director of Academy Performance
- Assist with daily operations and administrative tasks
- Contribute to regular CPD events encompassing First Team and Academy staff
- Be an ambassador for the football club and share in its vision and values
- Bachelor’s degree in Sport Science, Exercise Science, Kinesiology, Strength & Conditioning, or a related field
- NSCA Certified Strength & Conditioning Specialist (CSCS)
- Three years of experience in a sports science role, with at least two years of experience working within the football profession
- Ability to contribute to a High-Performance environment and collaborate with a multi-disciplinary team
- Clear understanding of and proven ability to implement Long-Term Athletic Development (LTAD)
- Proficiency in data science, including use of Microsoft Suite, GPS systems, AMS, VALD Suite, etc
- First aid and CPR certification
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented and have a sense of accountability
- Ability to work productively under pressure and be consistently proactive
- Ability to work extended hours, weekends and holidays when required
- Must have reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license
- Master’s degree in Sport Science, Exercise Science, Kinesiology, Strength & Conditioning, or a related field
- NSCA Certified Performance & Sport Scientist (CPSS)
- Five years of experience in a sports science role, with at least four years of experience working within a football profession
- Expertise in data science, including use of Microsoft Suite, GPS systems, AMS, VALD Suite, etc.
- Chicago Fire FC is committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of diversity, equity, accessibility, and inclusion. Our diversity initiatives start with the recruitment and selection process; therefore, we’d like to welcome all diverse candidates to apply to opportunities within our Club.
- CFFC is committed to providing equal employment opportunity and maintaining a workplace for employees and applicants for employment that is free from discrimination. The Company does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, citizenship, age, veteran or military status, disability, sexual orientation, sexual orientation or expression, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.
- If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, please contact the Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.