Hull City are delighted to announce an exciting opportunity to join the Academy Coaching Team in the role of YDP Physical Performance Coach.
We are looking for someone who is energetic, positive and who will be an excellent role model for our up and coming players, whilst delivering Hull City Academy’s coaching and playing philosophy.
Position Type: Permanent, full time (37.5 hour per week, to include evenings and weekends when required)
Closing Date: 11th August 2023
Your key responsibilities
· Provide professional and industry leading sport science and strength and conditioning support for all registered academy players (U9s-U16s).
· Deliver the strength and conditioning/sport science support across the schoolboy programme.
· Monitor training loads within the U16-U18/U21 squads, utilising GPS technology, providing feedback on training loads for each session and game.
· Be proactive in creating documentation that allows all relevant stakeholders to ensure training loads are appropriate when trying to develop aspects of performance.
· Develop coach education resources to ensure optimal training response can be achieved across the course of the training week.
· Assist with the development and maintenance of databases to house academy training load and testing data.
· Assist in the development of age-appropriate long term athletic development curriculums for all phases of the academy schoolboy programme.
· Assist in the development of continuums to ensure age appropriate, logical and appropriate progressions are in place across the academy for a variety of skills and capacities required for a future career in elite sport.
· Assist the Academy Medical Department with the conducting of movement and functional screening with U12s to U16s players.
· Assist in conducting anthropometric assessments in order to produce growth and maturation reports every 12 weeks, utilizing this information to make interventions within the training programme as required.
· Assist at benchmark testing events which occur three times per season to assess player progress and identify priority areas for development.
· Assist in the processing of testing data to inform physical IDPs for all U12s to U16s players.
· Assist in the processing of performance testing data to benchmark player progress based on historic academy data and circulate to key stakeholders.
· Support the academy medical department with the design and delivery of end stage rehabilitation sessions for U9s to U16s players.
· In conjunction with the academy medical department, design and deliver age-appropriate pre-habilitation for identified individuals in order to maximise player availability for training and games.
· Support the Academy Games Programme with Pre-Match Preparation & Post-Match Conditioning as and when required.
· Liaise with Academy Nutritionist to organise workshops and individual consultations where appropriate.
· Ensure all testing data, gym sessions and end stage rehabilitation sessions that you are responsible for are uploaded to PMA.
· When required, participate in player reviews, ensuring all U9s to U16s players have input from the physical development department on each review.
· Work closely with Player Care Manager & Club Psychologist to highlight any areas of concern across all academy players.
· Assist when the Academy provides parent, guardian and host family seminars as requested by the Head of Academy Physical Performancer to provide education around various aspects of the U9s to U16s athletic development programme.
· To work in close conjunction with the Head of Academy Physical Performance to ensure all requirements of a Club’s audit process that are relevant to this role are carried out at the appropriate time.
· To observe, monitor and react to the ever-evolving world of Physical preparation and strength and conditioning, keeping up to date with current research developments and changes in professional regulations and implement changes.
What are we looking for?
· BSc or MSc in relevant field (Essential)
· UKSCA accreditation (Desirable)
· Previous experience working elite youth development (Desirable)
· Has a high attention to detail
· Able to demonstrate a high level of practical delivery, with strong planning and organisational skills
· Willingness to work unsociable hours and weekends.
· Understands a constantly changing culture / demand.
· Works well with colleagues, as part of a team and on own initiative
· Able to create relationships with players and identified support network to effectively support performance needs
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Able to communicate effectively at all levels
· Dedicated to self-improvement and personal development
· Excellent IT and presentation skills
· Focused on individual player development within a team process
· Willing to follow and promote the Club football philosophy
· The safeguarding and welfare of our players is paramount and as such this position is subject to the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS)
What can we offer you?
· 20 days annual leave (plus Bank Holidays), increasing to 25 days after 1 years’ full service and rising further with length of service up to a maximum of 30 days per year (+ Bank Holidays)
· 20% off at the Tiger Leisure Store
· 2 x season cards for you and/or your family to attend Hull City home games (following probation)
· Free on-site parking
· Opportunity for career progression and training
To apply for this role, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org We also request that you complete our Equality & Diversity Form and return it along with your application; this is to help us monitor the range of candidates and will be treated with the upmost confidence.
Hull City Tigers Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion, belief and gender.
The safeguarding and welfare of children and young people is paramount of importance to Hull City and as such this position is subject to the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). Hull City is fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and safety of children and young people. We expect all our Board, staff and volunteers to always adhere, demonstrate and communicate this commitment. Hull City fully accepts our responsibility to welfare and protection of children and young people therefore, our aim is for the golden thread of safeguarding to run through every element of the club’s work.