About Jesse Castillo
Working towards sports and exercise titling, but with a keen interest in concussion and neurological physiotherapy. Strong personal skills of leadership, work ethic, teamwork, organisation, interpersonal skills and communication skills to complement clinical expertise.
2022 - Present
La Trobe University
Post graduate masters course that will title me as a Sports Physiotherapist
2014 - 2017
La Trobe University
2023 - Present
Western United Physiotherapist
Physiotherapist in the highest professional division of soccer in Australia & New Zealand
• Working with professional soccer athletes from multiple countries, therefore liaising with Head National Physiotherapists, their relevant sporting bodies and other professional clubs
• Multidisciplinary approach to athlete management and rehabilitation through collaborative practice with coaches, players, strength and conditioning , sports doctors and high performance manager.
2021 - 2023
Head Physiotherapist for Boys program: 2022 – 2023 season
Head Physiotherapist for Girls Program: 2021 – 2022 season
• NAB league competition is the primary pathway for junior AFL athletes to enter through to the AFL system. Therefore, working with the best junior talent in the country.
• Role requires attendance to all trainings and games to work in a high performance environment and for delivery of high quality physiotherapy
2020 - Present
Paralympics Australia / Barwon Sports Academy
Regional pathways role created by Paralympics Australia to allow it’s elite athlete to access quality services closer to home without having to travel to capital cities.
• Delivery of weekly strength and conditioning programs and physiotherapy services
• Athletes include Tokyo 2020 wheelchair tennis representative, Marty Dunn. Others include a top 50 ranked quad wheelchair tennis player, a u23 Australia wheelchair basketball player, an Australian junior para-soccer player.
2021 - Present
Head Physiotherapist for the State Wheelchair Basketball team and Physiotherapist for Basketball Victoria
• 2022/2023 National Tournament for wheelchair basketball as the primary medical clinician for the Victorian State Wheelchair Basketball team which contains athletes within the national u23 and senior team for both male and females
• 2023 National Tournament u20’s Victorian State Team Physiotherapist
• State Development Program (SDP) Hub Physiotherapist – Geelong Region
• Delivery of physiotherapist services at Basketball Victoria tournaments, try-outs, camp, etc.
2020 - 2023
Grand Slam Physiotherapy
One of Victoria’s most credential sports physiotherapy practices
● Working with the directors & physiotherapists who have extensive experience in working in high level sports: Rio Olympics, Beijing Paralympics, ATP/WTA tennis, International Volleyball
● Primary Strength and Conditioning coach for the Barwon Sports Academy junior tennis program
● Running weekly pilates classes and GLA:D exercises classes
● Intervention physiotherapist for NHMRC funded research projects as described below
2020 - 2023
La Trobe Sports and Exercise Medicine