About Scott Wickens
· BSc (Hons) Sport and Exercise Science. In-depth understanding of complex theories across all disciplines.
· Over 300 hours experience in instructing professional footballers in proper techniques, both in the gym and during pitch-based conditioning.
· Led multiple elements of the matchday warm up for over 100 first team fixtures.
· Exposure to GPS, athlete monitoring, manual calculation and wellbeing to allow for repeated optimal performance in training and fixtures.
· Experience in professional academy football at both Torquay United FC and Plymouth Argyle FC. Senior involvement with Cardiff Metropolitan University FC.
· FAW C License.
· Full UK Driving License and willing to relocate.
· Looking to achieve my FAW B License, as well as study for a Master’s Degree in Strength and conditioning in the 23/24 season.
2018 - 2023
Cardiff Metropolitan University
Bachelor of Science: Sport and Exercise Science Interdisciplinary approach to Sport and Exercise Science, including modules in Strength and Conditioning, Physiology, Biomechanics, Psychology & Nutrition. Skills acquired across the degree include professional development, practical procedures, user-friendly presentation skills and lab-based practice. Dissertation Title – 'Exploring the Effects of Caffeine Consumption on Aerobic vs Anaerobic Performance'.
2021 - Present
Yeovil Town FC
• Fully responsible for all daily activation, injury mitigation and recovery procedures.
• Lead all warm-ups for both training and match days.
• Solely oversee GPS, Performance Readiness, Wellness and Player Welfare procedures on a daily basis, including collating individual, specific reports for senior coaching staff regarding all available first team players.
• Solely oversee the implementation of numerous multidisciplinary protocols, personalised where applicable, with an aim to improve availability and conditioning levels for the first team players.
• Liaise with the Medical Team to test, monitor and track all players throughout the course of the season.
• Oversee RTT and RTP protocols throughout the first team. This includes leading pitch-based conditioning and end-stage rehabilitation.
• Collate detailed weekly reports of above data for loan players parent clubs, including other administrative tasks.
• Ensure player education on an individual basis, offering them the latest nutrition and lifestyle advice available.
• Acted as run-on medical for match days from December 2022 – Current.
• Acted as a 1st team coach from March 2022 when necessary, including a role as Assistant Manager for the final National League Fixture of the 21/22 season.
• Liaised with staff at international outfits where applicable during international breaks to continue player monitoring for those players selected.
• Provided match day sessions for squad players prior to games.
• Solely led full match-day warm ups for all outfield players.
• Instructing in proper techniques for pre and post training sessions.