Do you love watching sports? Do you enjoy attending football games? Put on your cape and come join Scouting Heroes, the fastest growing Scouting Community Network in the country! We are looking for quick learners, with a high attention to detail who are available to work 5-7 football games this Fall, 2023. The amount of games can vary from location to location. Training begins immediately upon hiring.
Please keep an eye on your spam folder in the event our response to your application goes there. Due to the high amount of applications for the various open positions, it can take a couple days for us to respond. You will be required to add a cover letter to your application. We would like to read at least a paragraph telling us why you think you are a fit for the position. JOB PURPOSE:Attend football games in the Oxford, MS and surrounding areas of up to a 2-hour drive (preferably less than a 1 hour drive). Record and collect real-time data on our Data Collection Tool and work closely with the game-day support team to ensure data is being recorded quickly and accurately. We are fueling the next generation of fan engagement.
- Understand the rules and intricacies of college football.
- Be able to differentiate college football and other football leagues.
- Open to learning and putting that knowledge into practice.
- Be present. You are passionate about taking ownership and accountable for the data that you are collecting.
- Be reliable. We have a zero-tolerance policy when it comes to “no-shows”.
- Be organized. Organization and training are critical to prepare for fast-paced, high intensity situations. You are constantly wanting to improve and understand the importance of training.
- Be honest. Integrity is critical to the overall collection of sports data.
- Detail Oriented. Must be one who has a strong attention to detail and strives for perfection.
- Have fun. We are a fast paced, small team that prides itself on continually improving. We are looking for people that thrive in fast-paced, competitive, and high stress situations.
- Provide feedback. Work closely with our Quality Control Team and Scout Manager to provide general feedback on the Data Collection Tool
- Strong knowledge of college football rules and terminology. If offered an interview, be prepared to answer questions in relation to this.
- Strong comfort level using a mobile device. Being able to learn and use an application in a fast-paced environment is crucial.
- Fluent English in speaking and writing
- Regular availability on weekends and weekday evenings throughout the college football season.
- Strong team player that has the ability to adapt and problem solve in real-time.
- Access to a computer with Zoom for regularly planned meetings and training tools.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.