Job Title: Youth Hockey Coordinator
- Status: Exempt
In addition to health insurance benefits and a company matching 401K program, full-time permanent employees of the Nashville Predators and entities are currently eligible to receive the following perks: competitive pay, referral bonuses, access to event pre-sales, Nashville Locker Room (pro shop) discount, premium pay for overnight shifts, 19+ days of paid time off each year, Ford Ice Center programming discount, on demand pay, and bonus potential.Major Responsibilities/Activities:
- Assist in the planning, organizing, directing and promoting of “in – house” youth hockey programs.
- Work closely with other staff in the recruitment and training of coaches and volunteers.
- Assist in the evaluation of players for proper placement in various programs.
- Help to maintain facility ice schedule.
- Coordinate other full/part time staffing responsibilities associated with programs.
- Work with Manager to plan, organize and promote an in-house youth hockey league to drive season over season revenue.
- Process registrations, collect payments by due dates, organize teams and create schedules.
- Assist in organization and instruction of in-house hockey classes, clinics and camps and coordinate all aspects of the event, to include PREDecessor to drive transition into leagues.
- Coordinate all aspects of facility equipment rental program for in-house programs from fittings, payments, tracking, returns, sani-sport and organizing the equipment rental room.
- Manage written and verbal correspondence and communication for youth leagues and programs.
- Resolve and respond to all customer questions, concerns and complaints in a timely manner.
- Work with Manager to recruit, hire, train and schedule part-time coaches for in-house youth league.
- Work with the Official/Scorekeeper Scheduler to assign scorekeepers and referees.
- Assist with program budgets and maximize participation.
- Serve as the liaison between program participants and USA Hockey, ensuring that all participants are properly registered for the season.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with USA Hockey, local associations and area rinks.
- Assist with in-house adult league and adult programs.
- Manage on-ice programming for internal camps and clinics.
- Manage, develop, and promote Youth Hockey Classes.
- Maintain locker room assignments and tournament scheduled locker room allocations.
- Maintain Equipment Inventory and Equipment Rental Program within Ford Ice Center.
- Assist in the organization of clinics and camps with outside organizations.
- Help in organizing and running of youth and adult hockey tournaments.
- Assist others within the Ford Ice Center organization to promote the facility.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Hockey Manager, and/or General Manager.
- 18+ years old.
- Four-year (4) degree in Sports Management, Recreation, Business Management or a related field from an accredited college or university
- Five (5) years of hockey playing experience
- Equivalent combination of education and experience may be taken into consideration
- Current USA Coaching Certification (Level 1 minimum)
- Complete training of USA Hockey Safe Sport program
- Experience planning and running Youth and Adult Hockey tournaments
- Experience organizing, coaching, and coordinating a competitive travel program
- Must possess strong problem-solving, interpersonal, conflict resolution and communication skills.
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to work long hours on event days.
- Must be polite, cooperative and work well with others.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office Programs and Scheduling
- As a condition of employment, qualified applicant will be subject to a background investigation, including a criminal history check, previous employment verification and character references.
- Possess a valid driver’s license, possess a suitable driving history and be insurable by FIC’s insurance carrier.
- Knowledge of the hockey community in the Middle Tennessee area
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office and Scheduling
Essential Physical Functions:
- Must be able to lift fifty (50) pounds.
- Ability to work under extreme pressure to meet strict deadlines.
- Physical activities include sitting, walking, standing, bending, squatting, climbing stairs, kneeling, twisting, lifting, grasping, balancing and handling of materials, and working with arms raised for prolonged periods.
- Exposure to bright lights, extreme temperatures, loud noise, dust.
- Ability to work with and around water and ice and to work at or below freezing temperatures for extended periods of time.
- Ability to work in a cold environment.
- Working extended hours, including nights and weekends.
- Excellent speaking and listening skills, requiring the perception of speech.
- Wearing face mask and/or Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for long periods of time.
- Including, but not limited to office equipment, barcoding scanner system, industrial equipment, hockey equipment, ice resurfacing equipment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.