Posted Jobs 0
The Demons District Football Umpires Association (DDFUA) is an incorporated association based in the southeast metropolitan area of Western Australia. It is affiliated with the Metro Central Regional Development Council.
The Association works towards creating an environment where its members can learn the skills of umpiring; develop as a person and umpire; and receive the necessary support to achieve their goals. The Association also attempts to create an enjoyable setting where the members can enjoy each other’s company and the umpiring experience.
The DDFUA is led by a hard-working committee, which sets the strategic direction for the Association and fosters a team spirit between the umpires. The Committee also works with the Operations Department in ensuring that umpiring in the District is of the highest standard possible. The Operations Department controls all aspects relating to umpiring, including the education and development of umpires.
The DDFUA’s members come from all walks of life and are of varied age and background. However, they are all united in their love of the game of AFL football and their support of grass-roots football. They continue to strive to improve themselves as umpires and people in order to help create an environment where junior footballers can improve their skills and enjoy the sport.
The objectives of the DDFUA are:
- To promote and develop the sport of umpiring Australian Rules Football (junior).
- To foster, encourage and promote Australian Rules Football (junior).
- To promote and develop good sportsmanship amongst all Members of the Association.
- To obtain sponsorship for this sport from persons and organizations considered suitable for the promotion of the sport.
- To do all such other things as are conducive or incidental to the attainment of the above objects.