Chicago Fire Football Club is a Major League Soccer team that was founded in 1997. The Club recently returned to Soldier Field as well as opened a new 50,000 square foot business office in the heart of the city. With tremendous growth and expansion, the Club is laying the foundation for an ambitious vision that will transform the Club in the coming years.
Position Overview: Chicago Fire FC is hiring for an Academy Assistant Athletic Trainer. The ideal candidate will have experience with injury prevention, human movement correction, and be able to play an active role in developing Chicago’s next generation of professional footballers. Job Responsibilities:
- Provide daily medical coverage to the Academy players as a Certified Athletic Trainer in managing the health care of players. Health care includes but is not limited to first aid/emergency care, on-site injury evaluation, application of appropriate modalities, developing rehabilitation and prevention programs, as well as conducting rehabilitation and making medical referrals
- Setup, breakdown, field coverage, and clinic coverage as assigned
- Maintain a complete and up-to-date roster of player health documents
- Attend weekly medical meetings to discuss reports, player progress, etc.
- Play an active role in creating a professional environment within the academy through player interactions, maintaining the standard, and driving club culture
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills required to work effectively with players, coaches, and other team personnel
- Maintain the safety and cleanliness of the athletic training clinic daily
- Bachelor’s degree required in athletic training from a CAATE-recognized school and a valid state license
- Current credentialing through BOC & CPR Certification
- NATABOC (or CATA) Certified Athletic Trainer
- In good standing with NATABOC and a member of the NATA (or CATA)
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills
- Must be fully vaccinated and boosted for COVID-19
- Bachelor’s Degree in Athletic Training or related health care field, master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of certified Athletic Trainer experience in a sports environment, preferably with football
- Spanish language fluency
Some of the employee perks Chicago Fire Football Club offers to full-time employees include:
Excellent Benefit Programs
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Supplementary Life, Supplementary AD&D, Flexible, Spending Account & Pre-Tax Commuter Benefits
- 401k eligibility immediately upon hire with a 3% employer contribution rate
Paid Parental Leave
- 14-16 weeks fully paid leave for employees giving birth and 8 weeks fully paid leave for committed partners & spouses – applicable to foster care & adoptive parents as well
- 6 weeks fully paid FMLA leave to care for a family member with a serious medical condition
Paid Time Off
- 3 weeks of Paid Time Off upon hire
- 17 days of paid holiday time off
- Chicago Fire FC is committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of diversity, equity, accessibility, and inclusion. Our diversity initiatives start with the recruitment and selection process; therefore, we’d like to welcome all diverse candidates to apply to opportunities within our Club.
- CFFC is committed to providing equal employment opportunity and maintaining a workplace for employees and applicants for employment that is free from discrimination. The Company does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, citizenship, age, veteran or military status, disability, sexual orientation, sexual orientation or expression, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.
- If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, please contact the Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Other jobs you may like
Athletic Trainer I, Department of Intercollegiate Athletics and Recreation Services
- @ University of Delaware
- Newark, Delaware, United States