Develop, manage, and coordinate all aspects of a successful NJCAA scholarship women’s basketball program including but not limited to:
A. Program Management:
- Conduct team tryouts, plan and schedule regular practice sessions, plan and schedule regular season games, prepare effective team strategy for formal contests, evaluate team and individual performances, coordinate an effective in and out-of-season player conditioning program.
- Contribute to the maintenance of good working relationships with all staff, student-athletes, and external constituents/departments through (a) a positive and constructive approach to all tasks; (b) respect for the competencies of others; (c) appropriate conflict resolution.
- Conform to the highest standards of professional conduct regarding compliance with department and institutional policies and procedures and adherence to the rules and regulations of the NJCAA.
- Exhibit good writing and speaking abilities.
B. Management of team supplies, budget, and fundraising:
- Plan, coordinate, and monitor the team budget, closely supervise the issuance and usage of team supplies and equipment, maintain accurate equipment inventory.
- Project accurate recruiting, travel, equipment, and supply needs as requested, submit timely requests for each.
- Develop and coordinate all aspects of fundraising to support scholarships and overall program.
C. Advisement of student athletes:
- Demonstrate a high level involvement in the personal and academic development of student-athletes through the support of the department’s academic and personal development programs serving student-athletes.
- Provide strong leadership in the personal development of student-athletes as demonstrated by high standards of behavior and good public speaking skills of all team members.
- Recruit high-quality athletes capable of performing at the NJCAA level.
- Recruit athletes capable of academically succeeding at MCC.
- Assistant Women’s Basketball Coaches
- Adheres to the College Code of Conduct.
- Contributes to, supports, and maintains an equitable, inclusive, and collaborative College environment.
- Maintains technological competencies utilized by the College.
- Commits to the philosophy of a comprehensive community college.
- Commits to professional growth. which includes seeking ongoing training in diversity, equity and inclusion to better serve students.
- Bachelor’s degree or requisite experience is required.
- 1-3 years successful coaching experience with a proven track record.
- Head coaching experience preferred, college coaching experience preferred.
- Demonstrated successful recruiting experience of academically successful student-athletes.
- Recruitment of scholarship athletes preferred.
- Proficient with technology applications applicable to the position.
- Demonstrated organizational and management ability.
- Strong interpersonal communications skills.
- Knowledge of NJCAA/NCAA rules and regulations.
- Strong ethical character.
- Must maintain First Aid/CPR/AED certifications.
- Must be available to travel, some overnight possibilities, maintain a valid driver’s license and be able to secure and maintain College certification to drive College vehicles.
- Must be available to work nights, weekends, and holidays as program schedule dictates.