Reports to: Medical Lead and Head of Academy
Salary: £25,000 – £28,000 per annum
Closing Date: 11/06/23
Interview Date: W/C 12/06/23
Proposed Start Date: From 01 July 2023
At Leicester Tigers, we are excited to announce that an opportunity has opened up to work within our Medical and Academy provisions as a Junior Academy Physiotherapist.
The primary aim of the role is to co-ordinate and provide the physiotherapy provision for the Junior Academy (U-16 and below) and AASE (school) squads.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Providing Physiotherapy cover to the above-mentioned squads; including assessment, treatment, rehabilitation and onward referral as required.
- Providing pitch-side emergency care for training sessions/games as instructed by line manager.
- Providing appropriate education to above-mentioned squads.
- Maintaining accurate and up to date notes on RugbySquad Medical, in-line with the RFU Minimum standards.
- Ensuring players in above mentioned squads have had appropriate medical screening prior to joining.
- Assisting with the medical provision of other squads as required. This may include U-18, Development and First Team squads.
- Adapting and improving the medical provision to best suit the needs of the above-mentioned squads within the limits of the role.
- Carrying out any other duties and tasks required by management, which are within the post-holder’s capabilities.
Who we are looking for:
First and foremost, it’s important to us at Leicester Tigers that we bring the right people into our environment.
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate an ability to actively and consistently exhibit the Club’s four key values:
- Club First: To keep the success of the ‘collective’ in mind in all that they do;
- Tough: To embrace hard work, and to be unwavering in their application and focus;
- Passionate: To genuinely care about their contributions, and how impactful they are in their role;
- Driven: To demonstrate a hunger for personal and professional development; challenging themselves, and those around them.
- Current member of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapists and registration with the Health Professions Council OR Graduate Sports Rehabilitator and current member of the BASRAT.
- At least one year post graduate physiotherapy/rehab experience.
- An on-going record of CPD with some specific emphasis in Sports injury management.
- Computer literacy, including MS office and databases.
- RFU PHICIS qualification or the ability to complete.
- The ability to obtain an Enhanced RFU DBS Certificate.
- A full and valid UK driving licence.
- Eligible to work in the UK.
- Experience working with adolescents
- Advanced life support training within the past two years
- Experience of working within Elite sports environment providing physiotherapy and performance services
- Experience of working independently within a sports setting
What you get in return:
- A wage which is appropriate to the post-holders experience and responsibility
- Opportunities to work with high performance squads as part of an MDT
- Support in obtaining the PHICIS qualification
- Starting at 24 days of annual leave per year + bank holidays.
- A challenging, supportive environment
- Professional autonomy to make changes to the squads you are working with
- Regular in-service trainings
- Regular reviews with line manager
- A senior member of staff as a “mentor”
How to apply
If you feel you have the qualities and experience we are looking for, please download and complete our application form. Once complete, please upload it. Covering Letters and CVs need not be submitted.
All applications should be submitted no later than 11/06/2023. Interviews will take place during the week commencing 12/06/23.
Other jobs you may like
Rehabilitation Physiotherapist (Emerging Talent & Loans)
- @ Aston Villa Football Club
- Bodymoor Heath Training Ground, Off Bodymoor Heath Rd, Tamworth, England B78 2BB, United Kingdom