We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Lecturer or Senior Lecturer of Sport Management to join Swinburne’s Department of Management and Marketing.
This will be an integral role for the Department, developing and supporting academic programs and working with the academic team in the development of program change and innovation. As well as teaching, the role will work on and lead research projects within the Sport Innovation Research Group and be involved in mentoring and counselling students on academic matters and supervising honours, masters and PhD students.
It is a key requirement to deliver high quality personalised education and foster a strong research culture that includes international collaboration, competitive grants, and high-quality publications.
The Department of Management and Marketing offers a range of undergraduate and postgraduate studies in Management, Human Resource Management, Project Management, Supply Chain Management and Marketing.
This position is expected to contribute to teaching at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels in the relevant discipline.
To be suitable for this role you will need to have experience in the below key accountabilities:
- Prepare and conduct classes in specified teaching areas in a variety of modes including face to face, blended and online
- Deliver innovative, engaging and industry relevant curriculum in specified teaching areas
- Diligently set and assess authentic assessment tasks
- Ensure the delivery of high-quality teaching
- Be attentive to and provide internationalisation opportunities in curriculum and pedagogy development
- Facilitate professional learning for the School’s students
- Actively contribute to the School’s industry-engaged learning programs
- Mentor students in industry-engaged learning placements
- Consult with students on careers and industry
- Contribute to the research objectives and outcomes of the Sport Innovation Research Group and wider school via publications and engagement with industry focused research projects
- Maintain and develop professional and industry contacts that assist in the advancement of university, higher education and School objectives
- An earned doctoral qualification in the relevant discipline or a related field
- A teaching qualification
- Membership of an appropriate professional body
About Swinburne University of Technology
Swinburne Horizon 2025 draws upon our understanding of future challenges. With this new strategic plan, we choose to build Swinburne as the prototype of a new and different university – one that is truly of Technology, of Innovation and of Entrepreneurship, and proud of it. We are committed to a differentiated university proposition in education and research, so that:
- Every Swinburne learner gets a work experience
- Every Swinburne graduate gets a job
- Every Swinburne partner gets a tech solution
- Swinburne is the prototype of global best practice
The achievement of our 2025 moon shots depends on our capacity to work collectively, always, as One Swinburne.
Please submit your CV and cover letter addressing your suitability for this position. To review the Position Description and to apply, please scroll down to the bottom of the page.
If you are viewing this advert from an external site, please click ‘apply’ and you will be redirected to Swinburne’s Jobs website to access the Position Description at the bottom of the page.
Please Note: Appointment to this position is subject to passing a Working with Children Check.
Applications Close: Friday 30th March 2023, 5pm