At TOCA Everybody Plays! We seek to transform the soccer experience by building communities that inspire everybody to play. This shared TOCA experience is the basis of a global, inclusive TOCA community in which we all share our love of the World’s most popular sport.
What makes a TOCA Teammate? An individual that seeks to…
- Play Hard
- Care Deeply
- Grow Together
- Strive for Excellence
- Create Awesome Experiences
Job Description Highlights:Reports To: Vice President of OperationsLocation: Nationwide Benefits: Health, Vision, Dental, 401K, Paid Time Off
Role Scope & Requirements:The National Baseball Training Manager builds a foundation for product organizational excellence at TOCA through our baseball product line. We take a unique approach to Product Management—one centered around openness in our interaction with stakeholders, speed in the pace at which we iterate, and ambitiousness in what we aim to achieve. That often means we consistently develop new processes, communication avenues, and engagement mechanisms to accomplish these goals.
The National Baseball Training Manager will reinforce product strategy and execution with metrics, drive cross-functional alignment, establish business processes and best practices, and reporting efforts. This role will recognize the unique way we operate and work seamlessly to build tools to optimize the processes we develop.
This full-time position will report to the Vice President of Operations and has the opportunity to work remotely from a U.S. location with periodic travel required.
- Ensure lesson quality and operations processes and systems are being followed and executed at the highest experience
- Support hitting national training goals
- Support national onboarding at new and existing centers as needed
- Engage with prospective partners, affiliations, and mergers to increase baseball product line
- Monitor the performance KPIs for new team members to ensure that the hiring process is effective and make recommended adjustments as needed
- Direct the execution of product pilots, launches, enhancements, or migrations from an operational perspective
- Act as the link between operations and product to ensure we can quickly improve existing sites and implement standards at new sites
- Responsible for ensuring all Regional Directors and leadership understand and can deliver on the product standards
- Support in identifying what markets/programs we need in each market to round our utilization
- Accountable for supporting product solutions that not only improve the product experience but also solve the product’s operational needs
- Manage direct product ops reports and dot-line product leads on product output standards and delivery
- Partner with training and development to define, document, and develop training material around around processes, procedures, and experience standards to create a world class experience
- Ensure that training is rolled out in an effective manner based on the vision and lesson quality standards
- Validate that lessons achieve the goal to have all team members operating at the highest experience standards that we expect
- Validate the performance review process developed by HR to ensure it achieves the desired outcomes and effectively measures team members
Qualifications & Skills:
- Ability to remain flexible and calm in high-pressure situations and adjust as multiple moving parts consistently change;
- Clear and effective communication skills both in person and on paper;
- A passion for creative problem-solving and strategic thinking;
- Experience in managing a team and collaborating with other departments;
- Strong leadership and cross-functional working skills. Must work well within teams and be able to lead effectively
- A confident, professional, and persuasive communication style with senior leaders and team members
- Expert knowledge of workflows, pipelines and project management from concept to final delivery
- Warm demeanor and ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals
- Excellent organizational, communication and management skills
- Previous experience as Product Line Director preferred
- Possess a track record of successfully delivering programming on budget
- High-level baseball playing, coaching or coach education experience is required
TOCA Football, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.