Manchester United Foundation believes every young person should feel empowered to achieve their goals and uses the power of football and Manchester United to support young people to make positive choices in their live.
This role is part of the Primary School Team with the aim to inspire 5- to 11-year-olds to learn, enhance their personal wellbeing and equip them with the life skills required to thrive. This is achieved through two key strategic objectives:
- Deliver an inspiring, high quality complimentary educational and personal development program (Primary Reds).
- Leverage the additional benefits of the link to the club and the power of Manchester United Foundation to provide outstanding opportunities and experiences.
- Create a fun, enjoyable and inclusive learning environment that is inspiring, dynamic, challenging, and educational.
- Create and develop session/lesson plans that will increasingly challenge and enhance skills, shape a positive attitude, and foster a confident approach to meeting the objectives of each programme.
- Work with the Primary Schools Co-ordinator and recognised school representatives to manage, monitor, evaluate and innovate the service level agreement objectives to ensure they remain relevant, unique, and aligned to the strategic vision of the Foundation and the partner primary schools.
- Develop and maintain a positive relationship with allocated partner primary schools, act as Manchester United Foundation’s key contact in that school.
- As directed by the senior Primary School management team, maintain registers, collect all relevant data, information and evidence of good practice to support funding conditions and for the formulation of case studies.
- Uphold and promote the Foundation’s Safeguarding policy and that of the partner primary schools working in conjunction with both Manchester United FC’s Safeguarding team and the school’s safeguarding lead.
- Complete risk assessments to ensure a safe and healthy working environment at all times in accordance with Manchester United Foundation and Manchester United Football Club’s policies.
- Keep up to date with Government strategy & policies on education (5-11yrs), changes to the National Curriculum and OFSTED
- Cover the delivery timetable so no sessions are missed.
- Planning and delivering is to the best of standards (high quality).
- Ensure everything is done safely, fairly, effectively, and efficiently (strong governance).
- Capture the success and impact of your work (monitoring and evaluation).
- Responsibility to safeguard the welfare of children and adults at risk.
- Want to make a positive difference to young people
- Hard working, enthusiastic and reliable
- People Skills (Self-assured, build rapport, empathise with others, emotionally intelligent, approachable).
- Understanding of Safeguarding best practice
- Knowledge of implementing policies and procedures especially health and safety and risk assessments.
- National Curriculum and Ofsted Framework within schools
- Premier League Primary Stars Programme (Desirable)
- A minimum of two years’ experience working with children and young people, preferably within a charitable, school or sporting environment.
- Proven ability of engaging with a range of stakeholders and external partners to achieve strategic and contractual objectives.
- Scoping, delivering, monitoring, and evaluating a range of physical activity programmes.
- Working in a primary school environment and knowledge of the National Curriculum.
- Mentoring or pastoral experience within young people.
- Ability to engage with a range of stakeholders to achieve strategic and contractual objectives.
- Ability to enthuse and communicate with Key Stage 1 and 2 children in a positive learning environment
- A full UK driving licence with access to own car for business use.
- Recognised coaching qualification at Level 2 or above.
- First Aid Qualification
- FA Safeguarding qualification
- Strong functional skills in Mathematics and English
- Level 2 Multi-Skills Qualification (Desirable)
- Educated to degree, HND level or A level equivalent (Desirable)
- Qualified Teacher (Desirable)
Manchester United endeavour to respond to all job applications, however, please consider that we receive a high volume of applications, and this may not always possible.