To proactively support the General Manager with administration associated with the overall management of Oval Park and the rugby programme.
• Under the direction of the General Manager, plan and coordinate work to ensure priorities are met, organisational goals are achieved and best practices are upheld.
• Manage and refine internal processes that support the running of Oval Park coordinating internal and external resources to expedite workflow and ensure any deadlines are not missed.
• To provide support to ensure the training facilities at Oval Park are fit for purpose and rugby programmes and training schedules run smoothly and are clearly communicated.
• Facilitate and ensure clear lines of communication between all departments at Oval Park to ensure seamless day to day operational running of the site.
• As directed, manage diaries of General Manager and the Head Coach, liaising closely with the first team manager to organise meetings and appointments, ensuring administrative support is provided as required.
• Support the first team manager with the organisation of events, conferences, training, liaising with external visitors and the operational logistics of the same.
• Arranging any travel, transport and accommodation requirements, providing detailed itineraries.
• Managing and researching specific projects as directed by the General Manager to enhance the environment, drive the rugby department forward and achieve success.
• To support the General Manager with associated administration of budgets.
• Working alongside the People Team, to administer annual process e.g. annual leave, sickness absence, appraisal.
• To support with the recruitment and induction of new team members.
• Maintain high standards of professionalism and confidentiality as required for such a role.
• Shadow the first team manager when applicable to ensure roles can be covered in the event of absence so that the operational requirements of the Club are not compromised.
• Carry out any other duties and tasks that are required by management, and are within the post-holders’ capabilities.
• Provide administration support to the Academy teams including arranging venues, transport and accommodation for fixtures, festivals and training camps.
Qualifications and Training
Educated to degree level or equivalent experience – E
Skills and Experience
• Experience in office administration and ability to provide high quality service in a busy environment – E
• Experience working as part of an inter-disciplinary team – D
• Proven ability to handle confidential information and exercise discretion – E
• Strong IT skills; proficiency with Microsoft Office – E
• Strong time management and organisational skills – E
• A good communicator with clear and concise written and spoken communication skills – E
• Ability to interpret written information in a structured and balanced way and present it appropriately to the needs of the reader – D
• Knowledge of professional sports performance – D
• Highly motivated to deliver all work to a high standard, with a meticulous approach to completing tasks – E
• Able to work on own initiative with a level of confidence to seek guidance if required – E
• Able to work flexibly on weekdays (as required) and the occasional weekend working – D
If you feel you have the experience and knowledge for this role, please download an application form from our website, and send this with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org