Trailfinders is an ambitious, progressive, developing rugby union club playing in the
RFU Professional Championship League.
This is an opportunity to join the club’s enterprising Medical Department during a very exciting period of the club’s history.
The successful candidate will lead our medical strategy and service delivery for medium to long term injured athletes.
Co-ordinating an experienced multi-disciplinary team, the successful candidate will lead the planning and implementation of gold standard rehabilitation practices. They will utilize extensive resources and literature to ensure successful evidence-based outcomes.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Responsible for the journey of an injured athlete. From initial diagnosis to the return to competition.
• Accurately triage and coordinate onward referrals for imaging diagnostics and consultations as necessary.
• In consultation with the Head of Medical Services, provide diagnostic and prognostic evaluations of player injuries, communicating this information in a clear and transparent manner to the relevant staff.
• Lead the multi-disciplinary team through multi-faceted, objective criteria-based stages of rehabilitation. This will include the organisation of individual player case conferences and multi-disciplinary team progress meetings.
• Utilising the club’s and external resources, developing evidence-based rehabilitation protocols and processes that can be implemented across the Senior and Academy teams.
• To assist in the delivery of physiotherapy provision to all players when needed, as requested by the Head of Medical Services and Senior Management.
• Assist in the pitch-side provision for Senior squad matches and training sessions as required.
• Maintain accurate and up-to-date clinical notes.
• Be an active contributor to the Performance (Sports Science and Medicine) team CPD programmes.
• Manage the Rehabilitation provision, ensuring cover is adequate at all times, in-line with the requests of the Head of Medical Services.
• Promote Ealing Trailfinders Rugby Club, driving its reputation and standards at all times.
• Set a positive example as a senior employee.
• Consistently contribute positively to the team environment and culture.
• Be a strong consistent example of all the club’s values and vision.
• Extensive, expert experience planning, delivering and tracking high-performance rehabilitation of complex injuries within elite sport.
• Experience of co-ordinating multi-disciplinary teams, working towards a common goal.
• 5 years’ experience delivering high-performance rehabilitation within Elite sport.
• Chartered Physiotherapist/Registered Sports Therapist or Sports Rehabilitator with appropriate indemnity
• MSc in related field e.g Sports and Exercise Medicine, Sports Physiotherapy, Strength and Conditioning.
• A nationally recognised Strength and Conditioning qualification e.g. UKSCA, NSCA.
• A post-graduate qualification in performance biomechanics.
• An up to date Pre-Hospital Immediate Care in Sport (PHICIS) Level 3 trauma qualification or equivalent.
• Excellent communicator with excellent player management skills and passion for coaching.
• Extensive evidence-based knowledge of assessment, diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of sports injuries.
• Extensive knowledge of movement dysfunction analysis and intervention.
• An individual with a passion for research.
• Experience of project management would be advantageous.
• Experience operating and interpreting Performance measurement technologies e.g. force decks, Nordboard, Force frames, Isokinetic machines.
To apply for the Senior Physiotherapist/Sports Therapist/ Sports Rehabilitator role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a covering letter and a CV. For any questions or queries relating to the role, please email email@example.com